How To Keep Your Children's Exes From Taking Their Inheritance

Although your children marry expecting to be with their spouses forever, there's a good chance the relationships will end in divorce, and there's a real risk your kids' exes will take some or all of their inheritance. If you want to ensure your children's spouses can't get their hands on any money or assets you leave your heirs, here are a couple of ways you can protect their inheritances. Ask for a Pre- or Post-Nuptial Agreement [Read More]

Prescription Drugs That Can Lead To Permanent Disability

If you feel that your physician improperly prescribed a certain medication, or if he or she failed to monitor you for dangerous prescription drug side effects that resulted in a serious illness or disability, contact a medical malpractice law office, such as Lee Eadon Isgett Popwell & Owens. Doing so will help you determine if you should push forward with litigation against your physician, the pharmaceutical company, or the hospital where you were treated. [Read More]

Stop Your Spouse From Taking Items From Your Home And Separate Marital Property

If your husband or wife moved out of the home that you shared as a couple and now is threatening to take some of the household items, it is in your best interest to seek legal counsel so that the situation can be brought to the attention of a judge. A judge will determine how the household goods will be separated and will prevent your spouse from taking anything that is not rightfully theirs. [Read More]

Surgeries Resulting In Cases Of Necrotizing Fasciitis: Can You Sue?

Necrotizing fasciitis, also known as flesh-eating bacteria, is a rare occurrence. However, a fourth of all of the annual cases of this disease in the United States result in death. Some of these are caused by poor hospital conditions, unhygienic practices, and unsterilized medical equipment. If you recently had any sort of surgery which resulted in a case of flesh-eating bacteria or had a family member die as a result of contracting flesh-eating bacteria after a surgical procedure, you may be wondering if you can sue. [Read More]